Monday, June 1, 2009

Sushi Sunday and A Trip to the Zoo

Troy and I enjoyed some sushi over Memorial Day weekend, so I feel like I should comment on it. I was recovering from a stomach episode (suprise, suprise), so I was taking it easy and keeping to veggie rolls. We went to Pirahna Killer Sushi in Arlington http://www.piranhakillersushi.com/. They are awesome because they have so many signature rolls, like the Marry Me Roll (shrimp tempura & ginger cream topped with avocado, tuna & strawberry) and the Sexy Roll (coconut shrimp tempura, ginger cream & cilantro topped with avocado, crawfish & mango ). These are what I would have gotten if my stomach wasn't so darn sensitive. A friend and her husband got a boat full of sushi, which looked delicious and very filling, if you go in starving :) Troy got a couple rolls that he really liked, so . . .. . on the Troypril Sushi Scale we give Pirahna Killer Sushi an 8.

On Memorial Day, Troy and I ventured to the Dallas Zoo. Holy gobs of kids! It was crazy with children! We should have expected this, but I was quickly overwhelmed by the whining and screaming and pushing. Little buggers. I wanted to run a parenting class on discipline right there in the reptile house!


Other than the massive amounts of children and the extreme heat (Troy dislikes heat as much as I dislike cold), the zoo was fun! I have heard some negative things about the Dallas Zoo, especially in comparison with the Fort Worth Zoo, but we really enjoyed it. Now, my dad is the real zoo connoisseur. I remember as I child that we would visit the local zoo on every vacation. Dad favored the zoo in Omaha, NE, if I remember correctly. But, without my dad's opinion, I would have to say that the Dallas Zoo wasn't half bad. They could really use some lions, bears, and zebras. They are adding some additional Africa exhibits, so hopefully they'll get some lions at least. At any rate, don't avoid the Dallas Zoo just because it isn't quite as good as it's neighbor-zoo!

1 comment: