Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Partini Party

We had a few friends over this weekend for game night and a small birthday celebration for ME! It was Doughboy's debut with house guests, and actually, our's too, so we wanted to keep it small (for those of you who are wondering why you weren't invited :D). We would've loved to have a big blow-out, but since we are new to entertaining as a couple and Doughboy is new to houseguests, we just had to keep it down to a few brave souls. Doughboy only had a couple barking spells and then retired to his room. I was really impressed! Us human types had homemade ice cream that Troy and I made in the ice cream maker we got for our wedding and cake "balls" that I made (I guess cake balls are the new popular thing - I read about it in Dallas Morning News). We played Partini (another wedding gift), a game with challenges like charades, word games, ball-bouncing games, name-that-tune, etc. I think everyone had a lot of laughs and learned a lot about each other (like how much Troy likes to be the D.J. and I like to hum incoherently!)

Troy surprised me with the most AWESOME birthday gift ever. . . season tickets to Dallas Summer Musicals! Some of the shows are Happy Days, A Chorus Line, Legally Blond, Mamma Mia, Mary Poppins, and Wizard of Oz! Can you imagine a better gift for me? It just goes to show how wonderful marriage is! To spend a lifetime with someone who knows me that well and would go out of their way to make my wishes come true - it's divine.

Oh, but here's the highlight of last week . . . Somehow our marriage license was "lost." The church promises they mailed it, but the county office never received it! We had to run downtown and get a new license and have our minister sign and back-date it. We like to say we got "remarried." :D

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful birthday present. You got yourself a keeper.

    Glad you got "remarried" cause I would of hated for you to be living in sin.

    ReplyDelete